Erico Copper-Bonded Circular Conductors
nVent ERICO “CU-BOND” round copper-bonded conductors are manufactured by the same process as copper-bonded earth rods, comprising of steel core and an electro-plated coating of copper deposited over a layer of nickel. The electro-plating process helps ensure a long-lasting, molecular bond between the copper layer and the steel core and that the copper-bonded coating will not crack or tear when the conductor is bent. The conductor core consists of a low-carbon steel grade for improved flexibility in the field. The copper surface of the conductor provides conductivity and corrosion resistance properties.
- Minimum copper electro-plating thickness of 254microns
- Available in nominal diameters of 8, 10, 13, 14, 16 and 18mm.
- Meets the requirements of IEC62306-3 Edition 2 and IEC/EN62561-2
- nVent ERICO CU-BOND round conductors are theft-deterrent. They are hard to cut with hand tools due to its steel core and has little scrap value. They are also magnetic, notifying potential thieves that the materials within are of little scrap value.
- nVent ERICO CU-BOND round conductors are cost-effective. Because the copper is bonded to a steel core, the cost of conductor is minimised by reducing the amount of copper in the cable.
- nVent ERICO CU-BOND round conductors have superior corrosion-resistance and provide excellent application life when compared to other steel-based products.
- nVent ERICO CU-BOND round conductors can be used in both above-grade and below-grade applications. The unique properties make them ideal for in either horizontal and vertical placement.
Erico Copper-Bonded Circular Conductor